Dancing in the West (2013)
Made in response to Rebecca Solnit’s observation in River of Shadows: Eadwaeard Muybridge and the technological Wild West. Muybridge who documented the Modoc Wars (1872-3), during which time the Native American nation carried out a Ghost Dance to raise their dead ancestors to help fend off the U.S. Army. Ultimately a failure at the time, the idea of raising the dead was later achieved through cinema which allows those who appear on-screen a form of immortality. Explored in further in the classic genre of the western which has lost gone into a state of decline.
Previously shown at
- BYOB Birmingham (2013), Birmingham,
- Two Queens After Party (YAY), Leicester
- Canned Film Festival (2014), Northwich
- 1 Night Only Film Festival, (2014) Durham
- The Shag, Film Screening, (2016) London