Painting the Town… Update (2/5/16)
I’ve realized that I need to back track a bit to see if what I want to achieve will actually work. With that in mind I need to make a few models and try them out. So using my larger models as I starting point I eventually got started. I’ve decided to make a few and test out my idea.
I also made some observations with the other models, seeing how the scale works with the cowboy toys I have. I noticed that I could get away with them at a certain angle. Placing them against the models made for the animation I knew that scale works, they’re made for them and I want to continue with that scale.
With that decision I decided to get making, the cardboard and balsa came back out again today. It feels cut to just cut and stick. All I have to worry about is the measurements and the level of detail needed. That’s my main concern – the detail, I have decided to have less gestures at this scale for this work, as they are being painted white. However I think I might have gone to far with the second model, the blacksmiths front has possible too much. I’ll have to see when the masking tape comes away.