Painting the Town… Update (24/6/17)


The larger saloon is really taking shape today. Having picked up where I left off, the stairs, which had to be adjusted so it was at the right angle to marry up more with my drawn on lines. Before bringing that whole section together, the mid-step and the final three steps before the balcony.

I then moved onto the other side of the piece the window, I knew this was going to be more straight forward. Reworking the wall to suggest bay-windows and the doorway, which I think works better at this scale, a more narrow doorway which should be more representative of the original set.

I finished the day by using gum-tape to seal up the cracks and reinforce the joins so it will be more flush and stronger as a piece. It will also be easier to paint – which led me to consider using a domestic primer for the first few coats before the white acrylic to finish it off ready to project onto.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s