Painting the Town… Update (25/6/17)
A day late but nonetheless I achieved a lot yesterday in the studio, I made my way through a lot of cardboard too. Starting with the ceiling which I have not done justice in the photos I have taken below. Using the same method of joining sheets of cardboard together with straps which too a while to achieve. I had to adjust each side before I was satisfied. I did also have to turn to gum-tape again to reinforce and streamline the sections.
Overall I am pleased with the larger ceiling that reached slightly further forward than the smaller model. Next up was the tables and bar which were pretty simple really. Scaling up the previous pieces from the first model. The bar has almost doubled in size, along with the weight of the model. That is before I make a start of the balsa detail which will add slightly more weight. I have accepted that the straps are now part of my models adding an aesthetic which is unique to my work. Its another side to these constructed pieces, like a cardboard patchwork quilt, complete with joins.