Painting the Town… Update (8/8/17)
Today was all about populating the floor space of Minnie’s haberdashery, which was starting to take shape yesterday. On the list were mainly tables and chairs to be made. First I got to work on the tables, the ones I found last time were adjusted with taller bases. I then moved onto a few of the other more angular tables, I found my making process changing today, with a flatter top before the legs were added. Previously I was sometimes having the legs flush with the top. I feel the free-standing pieces are better though, the designs will be taking onto future model miniature furniture.
I spent a lot of time working on the chairs, I made a start on the tops of four, however I found the construction of the legs to be tricky and cumbersome. Working with single-ply cardboard and the scale of the work the pieces soon became flattened, just from working with them. I had a good design when I finally had a design I was happy with. I am considering a more minimal design to try out next time. Whilst I am also looking at having none at all. Looking at the previous model miniature I made no chairs. However I feel that they may clutter up the space, there will be 21 in the space of a few different designs. Maybe I should plod on and make more if not all of them and see how they look.
I finished the day by making the furnace/boiler which is not my best work, and did take sometime to get it to a place I was happy with. I still need to some work to it before I can happily leave it.
So I have reached a point where some decisions have to be made before I leave the making behind and start to paint the piece. It’s going really fast at this point, I know with painting it will definitely slow down I have more than doubled the loose pieces that need my attention.