Painting the Town… Update (13/8/17)


I’ve returned to the studio to make a start on the painting of Minnie’s Haberdashery. I’ve decided to use both primer and acrylic paint this time. I know this will make the painting slightly longer. 3 coats of primer and 4-5 of acrylic.  So far the process to paint with both took less than 3 hours to complete. Of course it will vary from coat to coat.

It’s great to see colour (white) to be in this piece which is pushing me in every direction at the moment. I need to consider also working on the material that will be projected. I hope to get that together soon as possible so I can have smooth transition to the next test.

Again I won’t be posting updates as I add more coats, that would be pointless really, I’ll hold back until something happens to share again.

Advertisements

4 responses

  1. Wow … ! that room is really nicely done Tim.

    August 15, 2017 at 7:13 am

    • Cheers Jeremy, I’m really impressed myself with what I’ve done with this model miniature. I’ve not even put the beams in yet 🙂

      August 15, 2017 at 11:16 am

  2. Love that pot belly stove. Nice touch.

    August 15, 2017 at 4:24 pm

    • It was a hard piece to make too, glad you like it.

      August 15, 2017 at 4:56 pm

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s