This work is turning into a really interesting one that is ever evolving and I am letting it do just that. I began today making preparations for more tests with The Hateful 8 model miniature which I am excited to see in action. Making two frames which reach the length of the opening on the model. The first smaller piece reminded me of a frame I made in art-school for a series of Photographic sketches which allowed me to capture and frame quick set-ups with my models in the studio. The second frame makes use of almost a whole sheet of cardboard, with an opening in the card for the frame. The aim is to see how it can block off the model miniature from above to direct the viewers attention to the view finder. If either are successful I would have to permanently fix them to the piece. However I am still being won over by other test where I projected directly into it whilst on it’s side. I am also considering constructing a triangular piece that would sit under the model to position it at angle to change things even more.
Moving onto my third model miniature of this work has already started to take shape. This time letting 4 boxes I took home from a previous job have come in very useful. I remember having my eye on them in the office, wanting to take them home once they became free. I knew there was some potential for them in some shape or form. I took 4 to my workbench/desk to work with, letting them determine the size of what I was about to start. It’s something I’ve never done before, let a box determine the direction of the work. I’ve adapted certain pieces before, yet not this loosely. After sealing them and fixing them in place I cover gum taped sections before covering over two sides, which I believe will be in view when the model miniature is completed. Lastly I added some steps to the raised floor before I ended the day.
It’s been a very satisfying day, with quick tests to coming next time I will then continue with my new model miniature. had the start of a very angular Japanese model underway.